Dear Early Career Faculty,
Many of you are probably considering submitting or resubmitting a proposal in July 2020 for the NSF CAREER award. To help you prepare for this submission, we will be offering a series of workshops from January through May.
We will be offering a series of workshops from January through May that will:
- Orient you to the CAREER solicitation and its unique requirements and goals
- Help you craft a winning Project Summary
- Explain the integration of research with the education component of the proposal, what types of broader impacts plans have been successful, and how you can build an education and outreach program suited to your interests
- Introduce you to Cornell staff and community resources who can help you develop and implement compelling education and outreach activities
- Arm you with strategies and tips from past winners and CAREER reviewers on how to shape your research and education goals.
To maximize your ability to attend, we are scheduling identical workshops for the Planning Seminar and the Project Summary Writing Workshop on back-to-back days to accommodate most teaching schedules, so you can choose the one most convenient for you.
We will be following up with you early in the new year with more information on all of these workshops.
Lunch and networking from 11:30-noon
**THESE WORKSHOPS ARE ONLY OPEN TO ASSISTANT PROFESSORS ON THE TENURE TRACK WHO WISH TO APPLY FOR AN NSF CAREER AWARD**