Responsibilities: PIs will receive electronic notification of the upcoming annual review date two months in advance. It is the PI’s responsibility to ensure that the annual reviews are submitted in sufficient time for the IACUC to review and approve the reviews by the expiration date.
How to submit an annual review in Cayuse Animal Management System (formerly eSirius)
- You will find an alert on your Cayuse home page 60 days before the annual review date of your protocol, under the “Alerts- Annual Reviews Due” section. To start the process, click on the Protocol number (in blue).
- On the next page, indicate what you would like to do with your protocol for the coming year, and answer the questions.
- If you select:
- Continue As Is - choose one of the three options for why you are continuing
- Withdrawn - choose one of the two options for terminating; fill in the date to be terminated; and select the disposition of your animals
- Answer the three questions about activities which were carried out in the year just completed
- Click on the Save changes button at the bottom of the page
- On the following page click on the Submit Protocol button
- If you are continuing your protocol, but need to modify it in any way, submit an amendment to your protocol using the Start an Amendment button in the Approved Protocols section of your Cayuse Animal Management System Homepage.
- If you select:
To schedule an individualized Cayuse help session with an IACUC Staff member, please click on this LINK.
These resources are intended to help PIs and their research personnel perform common functions related to their IACUC protocols in Cayuse, and to provide guidance on what the IACUC expects to be in protocols.
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions on animal use at Cornell and on the Cayuse Animal Protocol system
- IACUC Protocol Guide: Guidance on what content the IACUC expects in the narrative sections of the protocol. This document/page is currently undergoing revision. For guidance or assistance with protocol-related questions, please contact the IACUC Administrators at email@example.com, 255-3749, or 255-5398.
- Amendment Guide: Guidance on which protocol sections to complete for common kinds of amendments