Responsibilities: PIs will receive electronic notification of the upcoming annual review date two months in advance. It is the PI’s responsibility to ensure that the annual reviews are submitted in sufficient time for the IACUC to review and approve the reviews by the expiration date.
How to submit an annual review in eSirius
- You will find an alert on your e-Sirius home page 60 days before the annual review date of your protocol, under the “Alerts- Protocol Annual Reviews” section. To start the process, click on the Protocol number (in blue).
- On the next page, indicate what you would like to do with your protocol for the coming year, and answer the questions.
- If you select:
- Research continues as previously approved - choose one of the three options for why you are continuing
- Research terminated - choose one of the two options for terminating; fill in the date to be terminated; and state the disposition of your animals
- Answer the four questions about activities which were carried out in the year just completed
- Click on the Continue button at the bottom of the page
- On the following page click on the Agree and Submit to the IACUC button
- If you are continuing your protocol, but need to modify it in any way, submit an amendment to your protocol using the Submit an Amendment for an Existing Protocol on your eSirius Homepage.
- If you select:
The IACUC office offers semimonthly eSirius help sessions/workshops/labs for researchers who are planning to, or are in the process of, submitting new protocols, amendments, annual reviews, and three-year renewals in eSirius. The workshop schedule can be found here.
These resources are intended to help PIs and their research personnel perform common functions related to their IACUC protocols in eSirius, and to provide guidance on what the IACUC expects to be in protocols.
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions on animal use at Cornell and on the eSirius Animal Protocol system
- IACUC Protocol Guide: Guidance on what content the IACUC expects in the narrative sections of the protocol. This document/page is currently undergoing revision. For guidance or assistance with protocol-related questions, please contact the IACUC Administrators at email@example.com, 255-3749, or 255-5398.
- Amendment Guide: Guidance on which protocol sections to complete for common kinds of amendments