You have indicated that you are looking for help with the travel reporting page in eCOI. That page is where PHS-funded researchers tell us about travel they have undertaken which is related to their work at Cornell, and is sponsored or reimbursed by an external entity. On the travel reporting page, you can add new travel reports and – if needed – edit information about those you have reported in the past. Don’t worry about deactivating old travel reports – the eCOI system will do that for you automatically.
Below are some tips on how to use this page. If you need more information, please see our comprehensive eCOI help page or contact the COI office at email@example.com.
Previous actions that you’ve taken in eCOI may affect what you see on this page. Although it will be similar, what you see in eCOI may not look exactly like what is shown below.
What travel does and does not need to be reported?
You should report any travel which fits ALL of these circumstances:
- The travel was undertaken by either you or your family, AND
- Was related to your work at Cornell, AND
- Was reimbursed, paid for on your behalf, or sponsored by an external entity (this does NOT include travel funded by Cornell or on sponsored funds).
You should NOT report travel if it was sponsored or reimbursed by any of these:
- A sponsored award
- A US federal, state, or local government agency
- A US institute of higher education
- A US academic teaching hospital
- A US medical center
- A US research institute that is affiliated with a US institute of higher education
How do I report travel I have undertaken?
- You will be asked if you need to make any changes to your reported travel. You should click on, “Yes, I need to add or edit items.”
- Click on the “Add a new travel disclosure” button shown below.
- You will be asked to report the purpose, destination, sponsor name, and duration of the travel that you undertook. Enter that information, and click the “save” button.
How do I edit information about an existing travel report?
- You will be asked if you need to make any changes to your reported travel disclosures. Click on, “Yes, I need to add or edit items.”
- Find the travel report that you would like to edit. You will have the option to edit the purpose that the travel was undertaken, the destination, the name of the sponsor of your travel, and the duration of the trip. Under the “actions” column associated with the appropriate travel report, click on “edit.”
- Update the information that you would like to change and click “save.”