The NFA Form should be completed and submitted with all non-financial agreements:
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs)*
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Data Use Agreements (DUAs – also known as RADS)
- Other non-financial agreements
*Note: the NFA form is not required for Addgene MTAs. See Get Confidential Information, Data, Equipment, or Materials for more information.
Links and Instructions
You can complete the NFA Form electronically.
Approvals must be provided in one of the following ways:
- Digital signatures
- Images of signatures inserted on the form
- Click and draw signatures
- Ink signatures manually signed on the form, scanned and sent to OSP
- Email acknowledgement(s) from all required approvers with the completed form attached to the email.
Unit administrators should collect all required approvals in one document and send to OSP at firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed NFA form and all related proposal documents.
Who signs the NFA Form?
- The Principal Investigator and all co-PIs
How do I know if I can be a PI on a project?
- If your title is listed in either the PI Title or Other PI Title dropdown lists on the Form 10 (in the PI section) you may serve as the PI on the project (see PI Eligibility Policy for details)
- If your title is not listed in either of the dropdown lists mentioned above, click the "Add Approval Page" button on the form to add a page that can be used to gather the appropriate approvals to serve as a PI.
NOTE: If the Proposal Type, Sponsor, and Project sections are completed before buttons are clicked to add either the approval page or additional signature page(s), the appropriate information will be automatically filled in the additional pages when they are added to the form.
Why does OSP Require an NFA Form?
- The NFA form provides the university's compliance units with certification data (for example, animal use, conflict of interest, etc.).
- It contains an acknowledgment by the PI that represents his/her commitment to take responsibility for the project.
When does OSP Require an NFA Form?
- To enter into a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Data Use Agreement (DUA) or any other non-financial agreement
*Note: the NFA form is not required for Addgene MTAs.
See Get Confidential Information, Data, Equipment, or Materials for more information.