Procedures and tools to help you manage travel and work abroad as part of your project.

International Travel

  • Work abroad involving live vertebrate animals or human research participants may need additional approvals, beyond the Cornell IACUC and IRB. For more information, visit IRB Considerations for International Research (humans), or contact the IACUC Office (animals).
  • Register travel abroad. Cornell provides a secure registry system for faculty, staff, and students to record Cornell-related international travel plans and contact information. Registration of Cornell-related international travel is mandatory for all students, staff, and faculty.
  • Protect your data and devices when traveling. Cornell has resources to help
  • When traveling abroad, be mindful of export control laws governing physical items, travel locations, and restricted entities. Details are on the Export Controls and International Travel page. 

Cornell released new information for disclosing international partnerships internally and to external sponsors. You may need to update your biosketch to meet new sponsor expectations. 

Domestic Travel

Domestic travel may require less planning, but you will still want to take advantage of the support Cornell offers. 

Sustainability and Travel