The Research Development Services team supports Cornell's research community with:
- Proposal Development activities to increase competitiveness for strategic, multidisciplinary funding opportunities. RD's work focuses on faculty submitting large-scale multi-disciplinary center and training grants. In addition, we work with tenure-track faculty submitting to early career external funding opportunities, such as NSF CAREER, DOD Young Investigator Programs, etc.
- Specialized training including workshops for early-career faculty and agency-specific training such as NSF Career, DOD, NSF, NIH, and USDA.
- Early-career faculty advancement by offering one-to-one sessions to discuss strategic research planning and identify and connect new faculty to other Cornell career development resources. Click here to book your session!
- Team science by fostering collaboration among diverse faculty.
Book an appointment with the central Research Development team to discuss how we can assist you with a specific proposal, discuss funding opportunities and potential collaborators, or about building community partnerships to help you reach your education and outreach goals.
**New Faculty** check out our Concierge Orientation presentation!
In the Office of Sponsored Programs
Gayle Fagan Senior Research Development Manager Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Development 373 Pine Tree Road / Ithaca NY 14850 T: 607-255-6841 E: email@example.com
Liz Diaz Research Development Specialist & Limited Submissions Manager Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Development 373 Pine Tree Road / Ithaca NY 14850 T: 607-255-4895 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaja Tally-Schumacher, PhD, FRSA Research Development Specialist Office of Sponsored Programs & Research Development 373 Pine Tree Road / Ithaca NY 14850 E: email@example.com
An initiative launched in 2016 by the Office of Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) and the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Research Development Services (RD) was established to provide dedicated services to help faculty pursue large, collaborative, team science-focused awards. RD catalyzes capacity-building activities, research collaboration, diversity, and pipeline growth, which complements the administrative management of proposals by grant administrators.
- Your Success is our Success - learn more about Research Development and how we help faculty
- $25M center will use digital tools to ‘communicate’ with plants - Congrats to the entire CROPPS team! It was a pleasure working with the team!
- NIH grant will support strengthening faculty diversity - This is amazing effort to strength diversity at Cornell. It was an honor to be part of the team and we can't wait to see the program evolve. A special shout-out to our CALS colleague, Josephine Martell!
- 16 Cornell assistant professors win NSF CAREER awards
- Weaving inclusivity, style into wearable tech - Great article about our friend, Cindy Hsin-Liu Kao, and her amazing research.