Who can Help?
- Your research administrator or department administrator should be your first contact for finance questions. Every sponsor also has an assigned Sponsored Financial Services (SFS) associate.
Tools and Dashboards
- Cornell has a number of Research Administration Dashboards you can use to monitor and review your project finances.
- If you are a PI, you can grant "act-as access" to others so they can see your project and support it in different ways.
Review Finances Regularly
Review project finances monthly (or at least every other month).
- If you have a research administrator, they will assist with this review. If you don't have a research administrator, your department administrator can help.
- Ensure you're paying the right people from the right account.
- Review transactions. Ensure that they are all allowable and being paid from the correct account.
- If you need to adjust a payment, for example if the funds were paid from the wrong account, you may need to do a cost transfer. Cost transfers must be completed within a particular timeframe.