Form 10 should be completed and submitted with all proposals.
Links and Instructions
- Form 10 (Updated 02/03/2020)
- Form 10 NRSA Addendum (for use with NIH NRSA proposals only)
- Form 10 Instructions
You can complete the Form 10 electronically.
Approvals must be provided in one of the following ways:
- Digital signatures
- Images of signatures inserted on the form
- Click and draw signatures
- Ink signatures manually signed on the form, scanned and sent to OSP
- Email acknowledgement(s) from all required approvers with the completed form attached to the email.
Unit administrators should collect all required approvals in one document and send to OSP at firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed Form 10 and all related proposal documents.
Who signs Form 10?
- The Principal Investigator and all co-PIs
- Department Chair or Director or delegate
- College Dean or delegate if required by College
- If the PI and co-PIs are in different academic units, all respective Department Chairs and/or Directors and/or Deans or delegates
- If the Department/Center administering the project is different from the PI’s home department, signatures are required from both academic units
- College of Arts and Sciences - If the proposed project includes course buy-out, faculty leave, reduced F&A (less than Cornell's full rate), cost-sharing, or any of the resources included in the "Other Resources" section, the Form 10 must also be routed, in advance of submission to OSP, to the Director of Finance in the College for review and approval at the College Dean's level. Any of these circumstances should be discussed with the PI's Department Chair and Senior Associate Dean well in advance of the proposal deadline.
How do I know if I can be a PI on a project?
- If your title is listed in either the PI Title or Other PI Title dropdown lists on the Form 10 (in the PI section) you may serve as the PI on the project (see PI Eligibility Policy for details)
- If your title is not listed in either of the dropdown lists mentioned above, click the "Add Approval Page" button on the form to add a page that can be used to gather the appropriate approvals to serve as a PI.
NOTE: If the Proposal Type, Sponsor, and Project sections are completed before buttons are clicked to add either the approval page or additional signature page(s), the appropriate information will be automatically filled in the additional pages when they are added to the form.
Why does OSP Require a Form 10?
- The Form 10 provides OSP with information on when and where to submit the proposal and key information about the proposed project (duration, amount requested, etc.).
- It provides the university's compliance units with certification data (for example animal use, conflict of interest, etc.).
- It allows Departments and Colleges to review and approve, by signing, commitments of resources made by their investigators.
- It contains an acknowledgment by the PI that represents his/her commitment to take responsibility for the project.
When does OSP Require a Form 10?
- For all new proposals, including pre-proposals
- For supplemental funding requests
When does OSP Require a revised Form 10?
- For any change in PI
- For any increase or decrease to the awarded budget that impacts the scope of work
- For any change to F&A or cost-share
- For any changes in compliances, including those no longer applicable (OSP will also accept an email confirmation in place of a Form 10 for changes to compliances)
Get Help. If you have issues accessing or using the form, contact OSP at email@example.com.