All NFA agreements can be created using RASS, Cornell's new online research administration support system.
NFA agreements should be completed and submitted for all of the following:
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs)*
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Data Use Agreements (DUAs – also known as RADS)
- Other non-financial agreements
*Note: the NFA information is not required for Addgene MTAs. See Get Confidential Information, Data, Equipment, or Materials for more information.
RASS is Cornell's new online system for research administration and support. When you create an NFA agreement using RASS, all of the approvals can be done concurrently by the required people. No more routing a PDF via email.
Need Help or Training?
If this is your first time using RASS, contact email@example.com for help getting started. You can send questions or comments to that address any time for assistance.
The support team has office hours every Tuesday & Thursday from 1:00-2:00 pm. Join via Zoom for help with your questions.
Who signs the NFA Agreement?
- The Principal Investigator and all co-PIs
How do I know if I can be a PI on a project?
- If your title is listed in either the PI Title or Other PI Title dropdown lists in RASS (in the PI section) you may serve as the PI on the project (see PI Eligibility Policy for details)
- If your title is not listed in either of the dropdown lists mentioned above, click the "Add Approval Page" button on the form to add a page that can be used to gather the appropriate approvals to serve as a PI.
Why does OSP Require an NFA Agreement?
- The NFA agreement provides the university's compliance units with certification data (for example, animal use, conflict of interest, etc.).
- It contains an acknowledgment by the PI that represents his/her commitment to take responsibility for the project.
When does OSP Require an NFA Agreement?
- To enter into a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), Data Use Agreement (DUA) or any other non-financial agreement
*Note: an NFA agreement is not required for Addgene MTAs.
See Get Confidential Information, Data, Equipment, or Materials for more information.