Employee benefit rates (fringe rates) for use in sponsored project proposal budgets.
Full Rate: This rate applies to most salary expenditures.
- Fully benefits-eligible employees in academic and non-academic units
- Benefits-eligible temporary employees (those who have worked six months or more as a temporary appointment)
|Provisional 7/1/21 - Until Amended||37.00%|
Minimum Rate: This rate applies to those employees who receive only mandated benefits such as Social Security, Workers Comp, Disability, Unemployment, etc.
- Visiting faculty
- Executive Education faculty appointments
- Tips and bonus payments
- Non-benefit eligible temporary employees
- Summer student wages (only if not registered)
Zero Rate: This rate applies to salary expenses which do not carry benefit expense.
- Student wages (academic year and registered summer)
- Benefit program expenses paid directly from the benefits pool (e.g., disability payments)
|Fiscal Year||Federal Funds||Non-Federal Funds||NY State Funds|
|Estimated FY24 and beyond||65.00%||72.00%||0.00%|