Employee benefit rates (fringe rates) for use in sponsored project proposal budgets.
Full Rate: This rate applies to most salary expenditures.
- Fully benefits-eligible employees in academic and non-academic units
- Benefits-eligible temporary employees (those who have worked six months or more as a temporary appointment)
|Provisional 7/1/21 - Until Amended||37.00%|
Minimum Rate: This rate applies to those employees who receive only mandated benefits such as Social Security, Workers Comp, Disability, Unemployment, etc. It also applies to sabbatical supplements, severance payments, and other limited instances. Please contact Cost Analysis for further information.
- Visiting faculty
- Executive Education faculty appointments
- Tips and bonus payments
- Non-benefit eligible temporary employees
- Summer student wages (only if not registered)
Zero Rate: This rate applies to salary expenses which do not carry benefit expense.
- Student wages (academic year and registered summer)
- Benefit program expenses paid directly from the benefits pool (e.g., disability payments)
|Fiscal Year||Federal Funds||Non-Federal Funds||NY State Funds|
|Estimated FY25 and beyond||63.00%||67.70%||0.00%|