How to Register for a Grants.gov Workspace Account
- Click the Register link in the top-right corner of the Grants.gov banner.
- Click the Get Registered Now button on the Register page.
- Complete the Contact Information and Account Details sections. All fields with a red asterisk (*) are required.
- Email Address - When entering an email address, please keep in mind that all correspondence with Grants.gov will be sent to that email address.
- Username - Enter a username to log in to Grants.gov. It may only contain alphanumeric characters, question marks, periods, dashes, underscores, and the @ symbol. Your username cannot contain a space, nor can it only include numbers. Select a username you will remember.
- Password - The password you choose must contain at least eight (8) characters including: at least one (1) uppercase letter (A-Z); at least one (1) lowercase letter (a-z); at least one (1) number (0-9); and at least one (1) special character (e.g. ! @ # $ % ^ & *).
- Secret Question/Answer - Enter a question only you would be able to answer and will be able to remember in the future.
- Select whether to subscribe or unsubscribe from Grants.gov Communications. The Alerts are important messages about time-sensitive or major system changes. The Newsletter features training, system enhancement updates, and other resources to help the federal grants community.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Send Temporary Code button, then access your email account to access the temporary code.
- Enter the temporary code you received in the email from Grants.gov into the Temporary Code field and click the Add Organization Applicant Profile radio button.
- Enter the DUNS Number for the organization in the DUNS field if you selected the Organization Applicant Profile option. 872612445
- Create a profile name that will distinguish this organization profile from any other profiles you may have within your Grants.gov account.
- Enter your job title for this organization in the Job Title field.
- Click the Save button to complete the profile creation process.
Do not write down your account information.
How to add a profile to an existing Grants.gov account
- Login to Grants.gov.
- Click the My Account link in the upper-right corner of the Grants.gov banner.
- Click the Manage Profiles tab.
- Click the Add Profile button in the Manage Profiles tab
- Select either the New Profile or From Existing Account radio button.
- Select the Profile Type for the new profile you wish to create.
- Organization Applicant: If you will work on applications on behalf of an organization, and not yourself, select this option and enter the DUNS number 872612445
Once you add Cornell to your profile, the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) will receive an email asking to affiliate you with Cornell University. You can then be granted Manage Workspace rights and then create a workspace.