The Pre-Award Research Operations (PRO) team provides efficient, friendly, and professional proposal development and support services to the College of Engineering, Cornell Tech, and Art, Architecture and Planning.
PRO's purpose is to reduce the administrative burden of proposal preparation so that researchers can focus on the technical or scientific components of their proposals, thereby increasing the chances of success.
- Review and interpret sponsor solicitations for proposals
- Prepare summaries of required proposal documents and templates of common proposal elements
- Draft Current & Pending/Other Support documents
- Develop budgets, including detailed financial budget and narrative justification
- Prepare and assemble proposal packages, including completion of electronic applications
- Interface with internal and external collaborators to collect required documents (CV's, letters of support, subaward documents, etc.)
- Initiate RASS project record and route for approval
- Liaise and collaborate with the assigned Grant & Contract Officer through the successful submission of the application for funding
- Support revised budget requests, NIH Just-In-Time submissions, incoming sponsored award transfers, and complex research center proposals
- Identify and disseminate funding opportunities to supported faculty
Our team is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Researchers are invited to send proposal notifications to the PRO team by completing a short Proposal Notification form. A Pre-Award Specialist/Grant Coordinator will be assigned to the proposal within one business day and will follow up with the researcher and the researcher's department to provide proposal specific guidance and support.
Other requests for support or inquires can be directed to the PRO Team Inbox, email@example.com.
Our Team & Assignments:
|Su Ghosh, Team Lead
Alan Chen, Grant Coordinator
Roger Miller, Pre-Award Specialist
Nicholas Evanoski, Grant Coordinator
Matthew Robinson, Pre-Award Specialist
Samantha Grace, Pre-Award Specialist
Christine Sislak, Pre-Award Specialist
Giselle Maira, Grant Coordinator
Engineering: EAS; ORIE
Cindy VandeWall, Pre-Award Assistant
Mindy McGill-Carlison, Senior Pre-Award Specialist
Ryan Vann, Associate Team Lead/Sr. Pre-Award Specialist
Shane Mikhail Medina, Pre-Award Specialist
Emily VanScoy, Grant Coordinator