The former Research Administrative Service Center (RASC) team (now called the Pre-Award Research Operations (PRO) team) transitioned into the Office of Sponsored Programs with a new name, but remains focused on supporting researchers in the College of Engineering by providing efficient, friendly and professional proposal development and support services.
PRO's purpose is to reduce the administrative burden of proposal preparation so that researchers can focus on the technical or scientific components of their proposals, thereby increasing the chances of success.
- Review and interpret sponsor solicitations for proposals
- Prepare summaries of required proposal documents and templates of common proposal elements
- Draft Current & Pending/Other Support documents
- Develop budgets, including detailed financial budget and narrative justification
- Prepare and assemble proposal packages, including completion of electronic applications
- Interface with internal and external collaborators to collect required documents (CV's, letters of support, subaward documents, etc.)
- Draft and route for approval required internal forms (Form 10, NFA, etc.)
- Liaise and collaborate with the assigned Grant & Contract Officer through the successful submission of the application for funding
- Support revised budget requests, NIH Just-In-Time submissions, incoming sponsored award transfers, and complex research center proposals
- Identify and disseminate funding opportunities to College of Engineering faculty
Our team is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Researchers are invited to send proposal notifications to the PRO team by completing a short Proposal Notification form. A Pre-Award Specialist/Grant Coordinator will be assigned to the proposal within one business day and will follow up with the researcher and the researcher's department to provide proposal specific guidance and support.
Other requests for support or inquires can be directed to the PRO Team Inbox, firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Su Ghosh, Team Lead
|Heidi Copeland, Sr. Pre-Award Specialist
|Matthew Robinson, Pre-Award Specialist
|Giselle Maira, Grant Coordinator
|George Taylor, Pre-Award Specialist
|Cindy VandeWall, Pre-Award Assistant
|Roger Miller, Grant Coordinator